Oceaeon group focuses its research activity in digital photogrammetric mapping of shallow transparent waters such as, lakes, lagoons, river deltas and coastal zones up to 10 meters depth, depending on water clarity. For that purpose we collect and utilize very high spatiotemporal resolution aerial imagery from low altitude.
The main goals that the group is dedicated to, include:
- Mapping of submerged landscape and geomorphology.
- Production of very high resolution classification maps of shallow habitats.
- Identification of underwater manmade structures.
- Creation of Digital Elevation Models of seabed from ortho-imagery.
- Recording of landscape change in annual – epochal scale
- Improvement and optimization of acquisition and processing techniques of imagery.
- Contribution in global and regional conferences, workshops and international peer-reviewed journals.